Saturday, June 11, 2016

First Morning


Morning has broken like the First Morning
Blackbird has spoken like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for them, springing fresh from the Word . . .

Sabbatical Day ONE!  First morning, birds singing. . . it is a beautiful morning.  I have been at District Assembly the last two days and did not get to bed until after midnight.  I went to bed thinking I would sleep in, that I would begin my Rest with actual rest. But this morning I woke into the light of a new day.  The morning birdsong, new fresh light and my heart sang. How can I sleep when God has given me this gift. Who can go back to sleep on Christmas morning.  I am awake and I am awash in joy.
The reality of the weeks, months a head of me are exciting.  The hope of what is to come. . .
God has given me such a blessings, my church has joined with God in giving this gift to me and on this first morning, I am full of thankfulness and full with the wholeness of it.
So I wake with the morning.  Giving praise to my God.  Praise for the for the morning, Praise for them, springing up from the Word.
Oh, Lord God, thank for this morning, thank you for this dawning, thank you for the beauty, thank you for hope, and joy and freshness and all that is laid at my feet this morning, for all that is to come!
Thank you for my congregation for heeding the Lord, for being the vessel through which God has given this gift. Be blessed in my absence, grow closer to God and know that to you, I am truly thankful and for you I give praise to God.



Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlight from heaven
Like the first dw fall on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where his feet pass

The rain, the dew, the sunlight, all the things God gives to the earth to bring freshness and new life. It is my prayer that this sabbatical is rain for the field of my life, bringing the growth I need.  I pray that it is the sunlight that shine down on me and directs me in which ways I am to grow, shining down on me giving me strength as I grow upward and become the vibrant being I am called by God to be.  Let the dew fall on me, especially today, the first morning, dew that is renewing and refreshing, that draws me into this new day, into this new season, bringing me hope for that which lies ahead.  Bring and life to my feet today, and all the days to come.  Lord, hear my prayer.


Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light, Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day

I see the gift, it is before me. It is the morning, and the day that lies beyond. I see the freshness and the beauty of Eden before me.  Let ME play in the valley of Eden, let me walk with my God in the dew of the morning, and the coolness of the evening and all the hours in between.  Teach me once again my God what it means to spend the hours with you.  Shape me in these hours, form me and when I emerge into the world, let me be better fashioned in your image.  Let my life be a true reflection of yourself for all to see.  Praise, Praise for this morning and every morning! Let, me wake each day THIS filled with elation and the desire to give praise to you.
Recreate me today, recreate me in this day, let me be new like this morning, new and fresh, filled with nothing but songs of praise for you and singing of your works and who you are with each breath and action, a bird loudly proclaiming you to all who will wake and hear your song.

Morning has broken like the First Morning

No comments:

Post a Comment

...

...